I really didn’t know what I wanted for dinner. All I knew was I wanted something different! I opened the fridge and found mushrooms, sweet onions, tomatoes, lettuce, garbanzo bean burger batter and taco shells. So I made Vegan Tacos! They were YUMMY!
1/2 cup garbanzo bean burger batter
2 taco shells
1/3 cup chopped onions (I used sweet).
1/3 chopped mushrooms
green leaf lettuce
homemade taco seasoning (to taste)
nonstick cooking spray (I used grapeseed).
Prepared taco sauce (I used some from a taco dinner kit).
- Saute onions and mushrooms on one side of your skillet and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook in cooking spray until slightly wilted.
- Meanwhile form the garbanzo bean burger batter into a patty, sprinkle with taco seasoning and cook in cooking spray on the other side of the skillet for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Heat taco shells in a warm oven.
- Scoop onions and mushroom into the bottom of the shells.
- Cut the burger in half and place each piece into a shell.
- Lightly drizzle prepared taco sauce.
- Add lettuce and tomatoes.
P.S. Vegan cheese or nutritional yeast can be added to the tacos, but these tacos were bursting with flavor, so I didn’t miss the cheese.